Sunday, February 15, 2009

About Me

It is Sunday afternoon and I am sitting in front of the TV watching the Daytona 500. Yes, I do watch NASCAR even though I am not as avid a fan as some of my family members. I don't have a favorite driver nor can I quote any of the statistics but when you live in "The Heart of Dixie" it's hard to escape this sport. I won't bore you with any family history at this time but I would like to try to describe myself as I view myself.

I am a woman of faith who loves her family. I am educated even though I remember very little about what I learned from books, but I have learned a lot about people and life that I try to put into good use. I am a social person and love to be with my family and friends, but I don't like being with people who are fake. I am stongly opinionated and will share my opinions when appropriate, but I am willing to listen to the thoughts and opinions of others and I might even change my viewpoint if presented with honest, valid information. I have a tendency toward being obsessive-compulsive, but I have relaxed about a lot of things as I have gotten older. I am fairly organized, but I am still quite flexible. I am enjoying being retired although I am still quite busy doing things for my church, the Lions Club, and the hospital where I worked for many years. The very best part of being retired is that I am available to my children to take care of the grandchildren during times of illness or if they need to be away for some reason. I love to travel, especially to visit my family, and to see places that I have always wanted to see. I haven't made my dream trip yet, Australia, but I have been to Alaska once and will be going back (via water this time) this summer. I am an avid reader and read a little of everything. My favorite reading is detective/mystery novels. I like to sing with a group but not solo. I hate doing housework but can't stand a messy, disorganized house so I organize my clutter. I have strong leadership abilities but wish that sometimes someone else would take charge. I am a good helper! I spend a lot of time on the computer but still consider myself to be computer illiterate. I am a fair, considerate person and would never intentionally hurt someone in my words or actions. I am physically (and mentally, I hope) healthy other than the things that happen to everyone as they age. I hate cold weather because it makes my "bones hurt" (even though bones don't have nerve endings). All in all, I consider myself to be a nice person.

1 comment: